Celtic ERA – when druids of the Highlands ask for a dance
With Celtic ERA, Eduardo Tarilonte once again takes you to a fascinating journey through time. This time, he travels far north to the roots of the Celtic culture. Sounds having been been played in the green vastness and the high mountains of Ireland for ages are now available at your fingertips with Celtic ERA.
After creating successful libraries such as Ancient ERA Persia, Forest Kingdom, Desert Winds, Epic World and ERA Medieval Legends, sample-mastermind Eduardo Tarilonte has dedicated himself to the sound of Nordic myths.
Whenever the unmistakable flutes are heard, they’ll magically enchant our dreaming minds with pictures of the green island and its majestic Nordic mountains. Hence, Celtic ERA is the pick of the bunch for film-scores and background music for television documentations taking place or being settled in this region. Whether historical or fictional background, the authentic sounds of Celtic ERA will lift the power of the pictures to a new level.
- 18-GB-heavy library with more than 18,000 samples
- 23 brass-, string- and percussion-instruments in full detail and with immaculate quality
- three additional instruments from the Bronze Age: Cranyx, Cornu and War Horns
- All instruments are elaborated multisamples (24 bit/ 44,1 kHz) with several dynamic graduations, various articulations, round robin and real legato samples as well as dedicated glissando samples
- Recorded using selected Kahayan U47-microphones into preamplifiers by the same manufacturer
- All instruments have been played by superb musicians of the Irish music scene
- Including authentic phrases as MIDI-patterns as well as inspiring soundscapes
For Celtic ERA, Eduardo Tarilonte has recorded 23 brass-, string- and percussion-instruments in full detail and with immaculate quality. Find catchy flutes, dreamy harps, the famous Uilleann Pipes and the indispensable Bodhran drums. To achieve an even greater variety, some sounds have been created by recording two different instruments of the same kind. This allows you for example to play a harp duet without the instruments sounding identical.
In addition, authentic phrases have been recorded as MIDI-patterns as well as inspiring soundscapes. Naturally, the instruments are offered in all of their typical articulations with an added true legato function.
List of Instruments:
- Irish Flute
- Irish Whistle
- Low Whistle (D)
- Highland Pipes
- Uilleann Pipes
- Celtic Harps
- Irish Fiddle
- Acoustic Guitar (fingered and plucked)
- Irish Bouzouki
- Tenor Banjo
Strummed: Acoustic Guitar and Irish Bouzuoki
- War Horn
Instruments from the Bronze Age
A true highlight of this library are three additional instruments, unheard in any previous sample library: Cranyx, Cornu and War Horns already existed in the bronze age. These instruments allow you to tap into unexplored sound worlds.
The instruments of this roundabout 18-GB-heavy library (consisting of more than 18,000 samples) are elaborated multisamples (24 bit/ 44,1 kHz) with several dynamic graduations, various articulations, round-robin- and real legato-samples as well as dedicated glissando samples.
Celtic ERA transfers the sounds of the far north, that have been preserved until this day from times long gone by, into today’s DAW-based production environment. The carefully programmed user interface of the Engine player makes work with this library real easy, allowing musicians to be inspired by the libraries’ sounds to fully unfold their creativity.
Who is it for?
Celtic ERA is suited for different applications and musical applications and styles. Its spectrum ranges from scoring traditional compositions with authentic sounds, to fantasy games and movie soundtracks and as far as to the new age genre.
The sounds of Celtic ERA are completely unique and cannot be found in any other library. The outstanding selection of instruments, the MIDI-patterns and soundscapes provide you with an extensive collection which leaves as good as no sound left to be desired.
The recordings for Celtic ERA were made in Eldana studios in Spanish Dueñas . All instruments have been played by superb musicians being part of the Irish music scene. Martino Vacca (Uilleann Pipes, Irish Flute, Whistles), Karen Hickey (Fiddle), Carlos Martín Aires (Acoustic Guitar, Irish Bouzouki, Tenor Banjo), Jean Yves Magre (Highland Pipes), Pablo Vergara (Bodhrans). Eduardo Tarilonte, the creator of this library, single-handedly played the Concertinas and Celtic Harps while the three historical instruments were performed by Abraham Cureiro.
All instruments have been recorded using selected Kahayan U47-microphones into preamplifiers by the same manufacturer. Miking was carried out intentionally close and thus without room detail. This procedure offers full control over the following sculpting of the sounds and effects. Therefore, the sounds of Celtic ERA can be combined with Eduardo Tarilonte’s others libraries without any difficulty.
Best Service ENGINE 2 Sample Player is included in this product!
- Mac OS 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
- Min. recommended: Intel Mac 2GHz, 2GB Ram
- Interfaces: Standalone, AU, VST (64bit only)
- AAX Support for Pro Tools 11+
- Windows 7, 8 and 10, 32bit & 64bit
- Min. recommended: Intel Core 2.0GHz, 2GB Ram
- Interfaces: Standalone, VST (32bit and 64bit)
- AAX Support für Pro Tools 11+
for all systems
- Internet connection for product activation required (on any computer)
- Additional hard disc space according to the library size
The latest Engine 2 and a tutorial video can be downloaded here:
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product (Challenge/Response).