Ethnic String Plugin
Two similar, but different, instruments that reach around the globe in their origins. Bouzouki from the Aegean and Ronroco from Latin America reach across the seas to come together. The metallic sounds of the Bouzouki with the pastoral nature of the Ronroco ignite a beautiful, yet disparate timbre.
Ronroco – The aggressive strums of this Andean instrument recollect the vast, indomitable landscapes of Patagonia and beyond. Larger than a charango, the Ronroco is double stringed, unique in that the higher pairs double in unison while the lowers double in octaves, creating a mystical, otherworldly sound.
Bouzouki – The long-necked, metal-stringed style of lute known as the modern Bouzouki was developed in Greece in the early 1910s. The locals modified it to handle steel strings, endowing it with its trademark twangy sound.
- Best Practice Tip #1 – Punctuate the attacks with the powerful strikes of the Bouzouki while laying down a softer bed of Ronroco strums for an ethereal rhythm.
- Best Practice Tip #2 – Play one instrument of ORIGINS VOL. 9: RONROCO & BOUZOUKI as a pattern and the other as a melodic solo instrument to take real advantage of this incredible pairing of instruments.
- Presets – The presets were designed with a certain realism in mind, reflecting how they would be played, to truly showcase the inspirational beauty of the two instruments. They are divided into two main categories: Normal and Odd. Normal provides 4/4 arpeggios where Odd explores the such diverse time signatures as 5/8, 7/8, 3/4, and more.
- Customize – Explore the world from rhythmic stylings of Greece and the Balkans to the vast land-and-soundscapes of South America. Carve out the exact sound you need with the custom arpeggiators and effects grids.
The 12 individual color-presets provide even more possibilities to sculpt your sound. All colors are radically different in character and incorporate various effect settings and multiple impulse responses. While each MAD-Preset has an assigned color, you can combine everything at will, resulting in over 1000 predefined combinations.
The Multi-Arpeggio-Designer is the centerpiece of every ORIGINS instrument. Two fully customizable arpeggiators create interlocking patterns and broad soundscapes by combining the unique timbres of the two ethnic strings instruments. The engine is designed to convey a musically meaningful, human performance, instead of a computer randomly aligning notes. Load up one of 80+ inspiring presets or create your own arpeggios in as much detail as you like. The MAD provides a variety of different features and controls to realize your musical vision.
Copy Arpeggio Designs Between Different Origins Instruments
Have you created your own ingenious arpeggio design and want to use it with another ORIGINS product? Simply copy and paste your design to use it on-the-fly in any other instrument of the ORIGINS series.
- Two individually playable instruments
- Innovative Multi-Arpeggio-Designer (MAD)
- 80 rhythm presets
- 12 unique color settings
- Full customization of all controls
This product requires a FULL version of Native Instruments’ KONTAKT.
Please notice: This library can not be used with the free Kontakt Player! To use this “Open Kontakt” format, you need a full version of Kontakt, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
The minimum required Kontakt version number for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the developer’s website.
- macOS 10.14 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or Apple M1 (native)
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 10 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AAX