The authentic Sound of Celtic Myths
The authentic Sound of Celtic Myths
Let us take you on a musical journey back in time. With Celtic ERA 2 by Eduardo Tarilonte the gates to the high north have been unlocked. Discover Celtic culture through sounds which have shaped Ireland’s landscape musically for generations.
Eduardo Tarilonte’s Celtic ERA 2 marks a major upgrade to his Celtic instrument collection, adding additional instruments as well as a revamped and streamlined GUI.
Celtic ERA 2 proves to be not only the perfect instrument collection for film scores and TV documentaries about the Emerald Isle, but also for composers that want to add unique and high quality sounds to their music.
Top Features at a Glance
- 25 GB library with a total of over 25,000 samples
- 36 Celtic Wind, String and Percussion instruments, rich in detail and recorded in pristine quality
- Four additional instruments from the Bronze Age: Cranyx, Cornu, Dord and War Horns
- All instruments consist of extensive multisamples (24 bit/44.1 kHz) with several dynamic levels, various articulations, round-robin, real legato as well as glissando samples
- Recorded using selected Kahayan U47-microphones into preamplifiers by the same manufacturer
- Recorded by outstanding musicians of the Irish music scene
- Including authentic phrases as MIDI-patterns as well as inspiring soundscapes
For Celtic ERA 2 multi-instrumentalist and sampling-expert Eduardo Tarilonte meticulously captured 36 Celtic wind, string, and percussion instruments in full detail and with immaculate quality. Among them you will find catchy flutes, dreamy harps, the famous Uilleann bagpipes, and striking bodhran drums.
To achieve an even greater variety, some sounds were created by recording two different instruments of the same kind. This allows you for example to play a harp duet with different sounding instruments.
In addition, authentic phrases were recorded as MIDI-patterns as well as inspiring soundscapes. Naturally, the instruments are offered in all of their typical articulations with an added true legato function.
List of Instruments
- Flutes: Asubio, Galician Ocarine, Folk Low Whistle, Folk Tin Whistle, Folk Whistle, Irish Flute, Low Whistle D, Whistle D, Wooden Low Whistle
- Pipes: Breton Bombarde, Gaida, Galician Bagpipe, Highland Pipes 1, Highland Pipes 2, Scottish Smallpipes, Uilleann Pipes
Keys: 2 Concertinas
- 2 Acoustic Guitars (fingered, plucked & strummed), Irish Bouzouki (fingered, plucked & strummed)
- Tenor Banjo, 2 Celtic Harps, 2 Celtic Zithers, Fiddle
Ancient Instruments: Carnyx, Cornu, Dord, War Horn
Drums & Percussion: Bodrahns, Scottish Snare Drum, Small Skin Snare, Tom, Bass Drum
Instruments from the Bronze Age
A true highlight of this library are four additional instruments, unheard in any previous sample library: Cranyx, Cornu, Dord and War Horns which already existed in the bronze age. These instruments allow you to tap into unexplored sonic worlds.
The instruments of this 25-GB-heavy library (consisting of more than 25,000 samples) are elaborated multisamples (24 bit/ 44,1 kHz) with several dynamic levels, various articulations, round-robin- and real legato-samples as well as dedicated glissando samples.
Celtic ERA 2 transports the sounds of the high north, into today’s DAW-based production environment. Composing with this library becomes incredibly simple thanks to a carefully and elegant user interface, enabling musicians to be fully inspired by the sounds.
Who is it for?
Celtic ERA 2 can be used for a wide range of musical projects and genres. Its spectrum ranges from traditional scoring with authentic sounds, to fantasy games, movie soundtracks, and new age music.
The sounds of Celtic ERA 2 are completely unique and cannot be found in any other library. The outstanding selection of instruments, the MIDI-patterns and soundscapes provide you with an extensive collection with no sound left to be desired.
The recordings for Celtic ERA 2 were made in Eldana Studios in Spanish Dueñas. All instruments were played by superb musicians from the Irish music scene:
Martino Vacca (Uilleann Pipes, Irish Flute, Low Whistles and Whistle), Karen Hickey (Fiddle), Carlos Martín Aires (Acoustic Guitar, Irish Bouzouki, Tenor Banjo), Fernando Mosquera (Highland Pipes 2, Gaida, Galician Bagpipe, Scottish Smallpipes, Wooden Low Whistle and Asubio), Jean Yves Magre (Highland Pipes 1), Marie Agnes Magre (Breton Bombarde), Pablo Vergara (Bodhrans), and Álvaro García “Pichu” (Scottish Drum, Skin Snare, Bass Drum and Tom).
Eduardo Tarilonte, the creator of this library, single-handedly played the Concertinas and Celtic Harps while the four historical instruments were performed by Abraham Cupeiro.
All instruments were recorded using selected Kahayan U47 Mics & Preamps as well top-notch Ribbon Mics. Micing was carried out intentionally close and thus without room detail. This procedure offers full control over the subsequent sculpting of the sounds and effects. Therefore, the sounds of Celtic ERA 2 can be combined with Eduardo Tarilonte’s others libraries without any difficulty.
Works with Engine Version 18.104.22.168 or higher.
Best Service ENGINE 2 Sample Player is included with this product!
- macOS 10.12-12
- 64 bit
- Apple Silicon (support via Rosetta 2)
- Intel Mac
- RAM: 2GB
- Windows 8-11
- 32 bit & 64 bit
- Intel Core processor
- RAM: 2GB
The latest Engine 2 and a tutorial video can be downloaded here:
Best Service Downloads