Tight Rock Drums from the 60’s and 70’s
Penny is the third release of the Boutique Drums Series and arguably the most vibey and versatile thus far. Musical Sampling initially sought to create a kit that paid homage to the tighter rock drum mixes popularized in the 60’s and 70’s. They covered the toms and snare with cloth to dampen the decay/ring-out and incorporated some vintage mics used in that period alongside their modern array of microphones and gear.
After curating a kit with some beautiful and rare custom pieces, extensively sampling each drum, mixing the snot out of it and programming Penny to a tee – what Musica Sampling end up with is an instrument that suits far more musical contexts than they initially anticipated. Pretty cool stuff.
As per usual, Musical Sampling incorporated their repetition sampling techniques for realistic successive notes with the hi-hats and toms and six different hi-hat groove states that you can easily crossfade between for maximum expression.
- Recorded at Hey Hey Studios in Griffin, Georgia.
- Drums played by Brian Scoggin (Casting Crowns).
- Simple and intuitive interface.
- Toms and snare covered in cloth for a tight drum sound.
- Eight “baked-in” mix presets that are interchangeable between different drum groups.
- Kit includes kick, snare, ghost snare rolls, cross sticks, rimshots, five hi-hat state multisamples, six hi-hat state grooves, crossfade-able hi-hat grooves, hi-hat chicks, three toms, ride cymbal (with crash), ride bell and two crash cymbals.
- Repetition sampling for all hi-hat/toms multisamples.
- Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90/120/140 BPM that sync to your DAW’s tempo.
- Crossfade-able hi-hat grooves (fades between six different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open).
- Groove Speed control (Half/Normal/Double).
- Adjustable humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose).
- Volume control for each drum group.
- Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group.
- Recorded in 48khz/24bit.
- 7.2 GB compressed NCW format.
Compatible with Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher (requires full retail version of Kontakt).
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free “Kontakt Player”! To use this “Open Kontakt” format, you need a full version of “Kontakt“, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments’ “Kontakt”!
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 – 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 – 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 – 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 – latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 – latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
- 1GB free disk space
- Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
- Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)