Trailer Strings shares the same mantra its portly, brassy cousin follows: loud, huge, aggressive.
60-string ensemble: 18 violins, 16 violas, 14 cellos and 12 double basses recorded separately in the same concert hall as Trailer Brass. The library also incorporates a wide/centered seating arrangement to help achieve the same modern, oversized aesthetic everyone is going for.
What you get
- a useful array of short and long articulations, but with a size and clarity that’s specifically geared towards hugantic (hugh-jan-tik), over-the-top productions.
- as with the brass, really pushed players to give you everything they had with the triple-forte dynamic.
What you may not expect with this release is that the dynamic range is quite wide. In addition to the fortississimo dynamic, it goes all the way down to piano. Feathery spiccatos, pillowy staccatos and smooth marcatos performed a la dolce. The sustains are six dynamics deep – the softest two performed sul tasto (over the fingerboard) to get that whispered, feathery tone.
Also included is the “Adventure” patch programming for all four sections, a cool asset for on-the-fly, pompous string lines. Simply load up the basses/cellos Adventure patches, set the basses an octave down, arm both tracks and get your pomposity on.
The SFX section
- Trailer Strings also offers three cluster effects patches in the basses and cellos. “Snap and Grunt” provides an arsenal of atonal pizzicatos, staccato chugs and scrapes
- “The Brooding” includes subtle, low-range aleatoric meanderings (good for: “alligator sneaking up on prey”). “Behind the Bridge!” is exactly that, tremelo’d (good for: “alligator eats prey”)
18 Violins – Adventure
18 Violins – Breakout
16 Violas – Adventure
16 Violas – Breakout Spiccato
14 Cellos – Adventure
14 Cellos – Breakout
FX – Behind the Bridge! FX – The Brooding
FX – Snap and Grunt
12 Basses – Adventure
12 Basses – Breakout
FX – Behind the Bridge!
FX – The Brooding
FX – Snap and Grunt
All Strings – Breakout
This Product does not include or require a “Kontakt Player” license/serial number!
A full version of Native Instruments “Kontakt” is required for unlimited functionality!
Please notice: With the free Kontakt Player you can play this library for 15 minutes only in demo/test mode ! You need to own a registered full version of Kontakt (e.g. included in Komplete or Komplete Ultimate packs!)
The minimum Kontakt version required to use this library is specified in the product description.
Windows 7, 8 or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 4 GB RAM (6GB recommended)
Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11 or 10.12, Intel Core Duo, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)
- 1GB free disc space for application
- additional hard disc space according to the library size
- internet connection for product activation required (on any computer)
- Audio Units
- AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or later)
OS compatibility of previous Kontakt versions – please check compatibility with your libraries!
Kontakt 5 5.3.1 Win (WIN 7 or higher)
Kontakt 5 5.3.1 Mac (OS X 10.7 or higher)
Kontakt 5 5.1.0 Win (WIN XP or higher)
Kontakt 5 5.1.0 Mac (OS X 10.7 or higher)
Kontakt 5 5.0.3 Win (WIN XP or higher)
Kontakt 5 5.0.3 Mac (OS X 10.6)
Kontakt 4 4.2.2 Win (WIN XP or higher)
Kontakt 4 4.2.2 Mac (OS X 10.5 / 10.6)
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark – DWM!