Two Individually Playable Ethnic Strings Instruments
Two string instruments that form the basis for Portuguese and Latin American music, the fado guitar and cavaquinho especially are also featured in styles across the world. They form a beautiful and compelling pair for the ORIGINS VOL. 8 traditional strings plugin. The cheerful strums of the cavaquinho make for the perfect bed upon which lie the soulful melodies of the fado guitar.
Fado Guitar – Traditionally performed in the dark city squares of Coimbra and Lisbon, fado is always accompanied by the metallic plucks and graceful slides of this special and timeless lute guitar. Also known as the Portuguese guitar, it has twelve steel strings set in pairs. With roots in old medieval music, it was played by troubadours and wandering musicians alike, spreading to the theater and taverns alike and now used not only in Portugal but across South America.
Cavaquinho – Cavaquinho is the mother of a whole family of smaller-sized strumming instruments. It brought to the world the ukulele, and still serves as the primary bringer of joy and rhythm in songs across Latin America, especially in Brazil and Venezuela and very important in samba and choro music. It was introduced to Brazil by the Portuguese, and from there reached across the world, becoming a treasure in island cultures from Cape Verde to Hawaii.
- Best Practice Tip #1 – For this traditional strings plugin, the Multi-Arpeggio-Designer (MAD) gives a wonderful duet performance when playing chords, melodies or progressions on your keyboard.
- Best Practice Tip #2 – Play accented, rhythmic sequences with the Cavaquinho, adding the light metallic chime of the Fado Guitar, letting both instruments dance together. The Fado Guitar offers a wide variety of effects from percussive timbres to melodious plucks and more! Round them up using the more empowering and rhythmic Cavaquinho.
- Presets – ORIGINS VOL. 8: FADO GUITAR & CAVAQUINHO is designed with easy usability at heart. Use the instruments individually, or unlock the full glory of the duet by joining them together.
- Customize – Take a journey across the world and sail from Lisbon to Hawaii, carving the exact sound of your dreams with this exclusive pair of ethnic string instruments.
The 12 individual color-presets provide even more possibilities to sculpt your sound. All colors are radically different in character and incorporate various effect settings and multiple impulse responses. While each MAD-Preset has an assigned color, you can combine everything at will, resulting in over 1000 predefined combinations.
The Multi-Arpeggio-Designer is the centerpiece of every ORIGINS instrument. Two fully customizable arpeggiators create interlocking patterns and broad soundscapes by combining the unique timbres of the two ethnic strings instruments. The engine is designed to convey a musically meaningful, human performance, instead of a computer randomly aligning notes. Load up one of 80+ inspiring presets or create your own arpeggios in as much detail as you like. The MAD provides a variety of different features and controls to realize your musical vision.
Copy Arpeggio Designs Between Different Origins Instruments
Have you created your own ingenious arpeggio design and want to use it with another ORIGINS product? Simply copy and paste your design to use it on-the-fly in any other instrument of the ORIGINS series.
- Two individually playable instruments
- Innovative Multi-Arpeggio-Designer (MAD)
- 80 rhythm presets
- 12 unique color settings
- Full customization of all controls