Voices of the past
Vocal Codex is the perfect addition to Era II Medieval Legends of 2015. It completes this extraordinary medieval-library by adding authentic sounding solo voices. Eduardo Tarilonte, creator of several award-winning libraries such as Forest Kingdom, Desert Winds, Epic World and Shevannai, has recorded a blistering extensive library of historic singing voices with incredibly convincing sound quality, creating the perfect addition to Era II.
Vocal Codex takes the moods and sound aesthetics of the medieval and bygone times to the production environment of the digital audio workstation. The carefully designed user interface of the Engine player facilitates working with the library, allowing the voices of Vocal Codex to inspire and fully unfold the musicians’ creativity.
Vocal Codex contains over 14,000 samples with a total amount of 8.5 gigabytes of data. The detailed recordings comprise two male and two female solo voices. By offering five true legato vowels (A, E, I, O, U) per voice, velocity-sensitive triggering of syllables and extensive controller navigation, realizing utterly lifelike vocal phrases becomes possible. In addition, 30 inspiring soundscapes have been added to round up Vocal Codex with corresponding atmospheric sounds.
The library scores with extensive multi-samples, several dynamic layers, various articulations and true legato samples.
Amongst other features, Vocal Codex also includes the contents having been reserved exclusively for purchasers of “ERA II Limited Edition for a limited time. All existing owners of this limited edition will find Vocal Codex in their user accounts for free immediate download.
Vocal Codex consists of four parts
- Celtia is the charming, soft and almost heavenly voice of Celica Soldream with her enchanting, celtic feel.
- Heroica presets a different powerful and earthy side of Celica Soldream – a voice that is perfectly suited for epic and emotional music.
- Bard is the equally fascinating and delicate voice of Iván López of Evo, an ideal offer for gentle and ancient music.
- Medieval Tenor, the voice of Víctor Sordo, sounds exquisite and elegant likewise and is therefore predestined for solo- and sacred-ritual passages.
For the production of Vocal Codex, greatest care has been taken to every detail. For the recordings in Eldana Studio, located in Dueñas, Spain, a U47 Kahayan microphone, an API preamplifier and the analog Kahayan summing unit Epsilon I have been used.
All voices were recorded intentionally close to avoid room-ambience and leave full control over sound and effects to the producer. However, Vocal Codex also offers an adjustable reverberation effect.
Best Service Engine 2.5 required.
Registered users of ERA II may purchase a price reduced Crossgrade !
Best Service ENGINE 2 Sample Player is included in this product!
- Mac OS 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
- Min. recommended: Intel Mac 2GHz, 2GB Ram
- Interfaces: Standalone, AU, VST (64bit only)
- Beta AAX Support for Pro Tools 11+
- Windows 7, 8 and 10, 32bit & 64bit
- Min. recommended: Intel Core 2.0GHz, 2GB Ram
- Interfaces: Standalone, VST (32bit and 64bit)
- Beta AAX Support für Pro Tools 11+
for all systems
- Internet connection for product activation required (on any computer)
- Additional hard disc space according to the library size
The latest Engine 2 and a tutorial video can be downloaded here:
An internet connection on any computer is required to authorize / activate the product (Challenge/Response).