Four instruments geared towards emotional, ethereal contexts.
For the Cozy Piano patch, Musical Sampling recorded an upright piano at the pianissimo range with a stereo pair of Neumann KM 184’s placed behind the piano. Great patch if you’re looking for a soft, intimate piano with just enough character. They also recorded a crossfade-able, arrhythmic soft sustains performance patch. With the modwheel down, the ebbing of notes is spacious and subtle. As you crossfade up, the ebbing grows with a touch more urgency and dynamics.
Also included is Recollections; a designed, organic, quietly percolating instrument using arrhythmic piano recordings as source material. Finally the Ether Violin, which utilizes recordings of real auto-panned soft tremolo performances captured “in-camera”. This involved using a pair of stereo mics while the player physically leaned left/right at various speeds while performing the tremolo.
Patches: Cozy Piano | Ether Violin | Recollections | Drifting
- All sustains recorded pedal down with release triggers
- Performed very soft (pianissimo range)
- Subtle pedal up samples
- True physical autopanning solo violin soft tremolos
- Includes soft, arrhythmic successive sustains piano patch
- Designed arhythmic, organic texture patch
- Adjustable reverb of custom hall impulse
- Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
- Free Kontakt Player NOT supported
- Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
- 843 MB compressed NCW format
- Receive watermarked product by Connect downloader
What Is The Atelier Series?
Oftentimes during the research and experimental phase of development, we’ll create instruments that don’t necessarily belong to a bigger, themed release. Instead of attempting to shoehorn them into a future release or trying to construct a comprehensive product around it, we decided to create the Atelier Series so that other composers can enjoy our explorations in sample development as well.
We didn’t create this line to simply offload unused patches. Like with any of our products, we will only include instruments that we find compelling, useful and treated with the same level of care and attention to detail. Only difference is that they are provided in more affordable, bite-sized packages.
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments’ “Kontakt”!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free “Kontakt Player”! To use this “Open Kontakt” format, you need a full version of “Kontakt“, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 – 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 – 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 – 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 – latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 – latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.15 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12 – 10.15 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
- 1GB free disk space
- Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
- Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)