Renegade is a drums and sound design library designed for producers of nu-metal, EDM, rock, pop and underscore. We also aimed to make this a serious asset for modern underscoring with atmospheric percussion/synth pulses, brooding basses and experimental acoustic content.
As always, dialing in the drum mixes was incredibly important to get right. Rogue is the tight mix, Faction is the workhorse mix and Juggernaut is the roomy mix. Inspired by the Gorgon preset from our Medusa library, we provided a fourth mix for Renegade that pushed us to our absolute mixing limits — Anarchy. That mix will peel the varnish off a foot locker.
For the Guitars & Bass section of Renegade, we’ve included a distorted eight-string guitar, distorted bass guitar and two nylon guitar patches. For the eight-string and bass, you can crossfade the live eighth-note patterns between palm-mute and full-open. With harder velocity hits, you can trigger a set of isolated samples (with up to four round robins) to act as your ‘ending’ notes or to further customize your guitar line.
We also recorded, processed and programmed a ton of sound design material but only included the efforts that we found inspiring, useful and complimentary to Renegade as a whole. What we ended up with was a curated collection of 31 multi-genre patches consisting of processed analog synths, bass and acoustic/electric guitars, live ensemble/solo percussion pulses, analog kits and more.
- Drums + Sound Design.
- Kick, snare, cross stick, rimshot, three toms, ride (with crash), ride bell, two crashes, hihats, synced live hihat grooves (three recorded tempos – 90 / 120 / 140 BPM).
- 31 multi-genre playable sound design patches consisting of processed percussion, guitars, electric bass, analog synths, piano, brass, strings, pulses, analog kits and weapons.
- Simple and intuitive mix interface.
- Four interchangeable “baked-in” mix presets.
- Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90 / 120 / 140 BPM that sync to your DAW’s tempo.
- Crossfadeable hi-hat grooves (fades between four different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open).
- Groove Speed control (Half/Normal/Double).
- Adjustable Humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose).
- Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group.
- Reverb control for respective sound design patches.
- CC assignment option for sound design patches.
- Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher.
- Free Kontakt Player NOT supported.
- Recorded in 48kHz / 24-bit.
- 4.5 GB compressed NCW format.
- Receive watermarked product by Continuata Connect downloader.
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments’ “Kontakt”!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free “Kontakt Player”! To use this “Open Kontakt” format, you need a full version of “Kontakt“, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 – 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 – 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 – 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 – latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 – latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.15 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12 – 10.15 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
- 1GB free disk space
- Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
- Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)